Sunday, August 13, 2006

Two interactions

I was only able to put in about 45 minutes at the protest, but I had two significant interactions with the cultists.

1. I was standing watching Aloysius and others participating in the Open Forum when from behind me a voice asked "Is that a Bible in your back pocket?" It was in fact my black Moleskine notebook, and I laughed and turned around and said "No, it's my notebook." I realized who I was talking to as he grew belligerent and said "Why are you laughing? What's so funny about the Bible? You're totally disrespecting my religion." I said that on the contrary, I was laughing at the fact that I'm a highly unlikely person to be carrying around a Bible, and that I amused at the mixup. "I'm laughing at myself, not you" I told him. He sort of sullenly said "Oh, sorry" and then an elder Tribesman called him away.

2. I was watching my wife talk to a cultist and his daughter when I lost a very important and very tiny piece of my eyewear. The guy noticed me looking and immediately helped out, without saying anything at all creepy. Finally I gave up but he kept looking, saying "I have faith." I laughed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty sad to see how you just take what you read and hear and pass it on... this website is a load of crap for any one with any degree of intelligence... anyone deceived by this website is certainly unwise... it is indeed you people who are the haters... anyone with intelligence can see that... you deceive the unwise... that is your path... sad indeed.... your interpretation of their life couldnt be further from the truth... its obvious you are some do gooder democrat progressive type thinking hes gonna change the world by passing on some unverified garbage about a people you dont understand... i see you crawling around on the web now trying to exploit ex-members for your cause... what a loath... you and bob pardon have alot in common... you two should talk about how you exploit others... you could learn alot from one another !

Anonymous said...

hah! you claim to have the truth! now thats FUCKING HILARIASSS!

fucking idiots

all of you

really

what a pothetic wothless venture of a website